Drink Driving/Local Court Criminal Matters

What should I do if I have been caught driving a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol exceeding the prescribed concentration of alcohol (“PCA”)?

You should call our office for advice as the penalty will differ for a number of reasons which will include whether you are low range, mid range, high range, your age and sex and if you have a prior conviction.

What is a Section 10?

This is where the Court finds you guilty of an offence such as driving with a prescribed concentration of alcohol but does not convict you although there would be no penalty of any type and no criminal record recorded against your name. This is a discretion the Court has in all criminal cases not to convict you but deal with your matter under the terms of Section 10.